A short pharmacological review of the medication, covering the basics of indications/contraindications through to the complex pharmacokinetic’s & pharmacodynamic’s. At the completion of the course links are provided to a range of ambulance protocols detailing the various ways it is utilised in the delivery of healthcare. A thorough understanding of the effects a medication and how they are caused is essential for any paramedic, nurse or physician administering medications to patients.
- Review the presentation, indication for use, and contraindication for use of the medication.
- Review the pharmacokinetic’s of the medication:
- Review the pharmacodynamic’s of the medication.
- Discuss the routes of administration and typical dosage.
- Identify the pregnancy category & discuss the restrictions associated with use in pregnancy.
- Identify any special considerations associated with the medications.
- Review common protocols including the PCCM and state ambulance CPGs.
Est Time: 30 mins
Sub: Included in annual CPD subscription ($99)
Course Catalogue> Pharmacology> P40 Midazolam
Please share our course info on your socials and let your friends know about MedicCentre.net!